Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Beauty hits and Misses Part 1, Cosmetics

Every year I end up looking at my graveyard of cosmetics and it got me to thinking that even I can be a sucker for good marketing, cute packages, and empty promises. I generally do my reaseach when purchasing something now a days but every now and then I will buy something spontaniously and yes, I am most time disappointed. But sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.

This years HITS

Illumasqua Foundation, High coverage, looks natural, great skin tone. I use this for photo shoots and evening make up

Sephora Cream lip Stain, l I usually stay clear of store brands, I know its generally really overpriced for the quality, but this was a pleasant surprise. It had great colour selection, and didn't dry my lips like other ultra matte' do.

L'oreal True Match Foundation, very affordable, medium coverage. wears beautifully, blends nice, and does match my skin.

Benefit Coralista Blush got this as a bonus and I love the colour. I am told is goes with every skin tone they are right.

MAC Matchmaker Foundation, AMAZING! Great medium coverage and it matches. No NC this or NW that. Just pick your level ( mine is 1) and it adjusts to your undertone.

OPI Crackle Nail polish ( Black) I ended up using this all the time. Love it over glitter nail polish or over clear.

Paula's Choice Skin Care LOVE this line. Its my new standard. Very easy and affordable. Addresses every skin care need. I have had the best skin ever from this line. Mail order only.





MiSS

MAC Zoom Lash, clumpy, dries out after a month

MAC Wonder Woman Opulash Mascara, didn't show up on my lashes, dried out fast.

MAC Superslick Liner, Pure show (gold) seperated and didn't show up on my pail skin, irritated my eyes.and made them water, weird because the black does not.

Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick 64, too sheer for me, lasted about 5 minutes, bled around my mouth,  even with a primer and liner.

Nars Sheer Matte foundation. even with a primer, I look like a dried up dusty old woman. For oily skin only

Make up Forever HD powder, AWFUL! I may as well use baby powder on  my skin. was not translucent at all.

Make Up Forever Primer, wasn't terrible, just expensive and didn't do much more then a moisturizer would before make up. nothing lasted longer or smoothed out any better.

Touche Eclat YSL. I know... almost blasphemous. But it really is just OK on me. I have seen it do wonders on other people. I am going to try the peach next time. I think my dark circles need more coverage. the search continues. MAC and L'oreal also make knock offs so I will try that too.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer SPF15. This was supposed to be my new daytime moisture with SPF and AHA. It cannot be used near the eye, ( my bad) because it burns like crazy. So I ended up getting separate creams instead of the all in one. It's actually better. So much for time saving.

Sephora Kat Von D Eye shadow Love and Fury. It is OK, but I ended up using it twice and only for one of the shadows. the rest were too glittery.

MAC Penultimate Brow Marker. Dried out after two applications. was not smudge proof.

MAC Liquidlast liner. I love the colours, the texture is thick and hard to work with. I dilute it. It gets thicker over time so after a month it's nearly useless. It does last though...for days.

Marc Jacobs, Daisy. Bottle is cute, smells like ass on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment