Monday, January 30, 2012

Spring Forcast Hair



Ok I know, it's January. I already have clients coming in and saying, "I feel so blah." I'm looking forward to spring more so this year as I will be travelling to Europe in April. What am I excited about? Fashion and shopping. Oh yes!  history, architecture and fabulous museums. I always get inspired when I travel. It's nice to see what is happening somewhere else. Even town to town, style is different.

Let's talk about hair trends for spring. I will say, I am not on board with everything I am seeing. However one thing I can say is that there seems to be something for everyone, although derivative of everything we have been seeing in the last 2 years.

Trend Wet Look. Buy some gel ladies, it's back. Wet look bun's, chignons, slick backs, and partings. Severe and messy; it's all inclusive. So for those who cannot bother with a blow dryer or have been rocking this all their lives? I find this to be my least favorite.

Trend Powered Pastel. Kevin Murphy kinda brought this back. Coloured matte hair powered, for temporary colour fun. Ombre your ends or slick all your hair back and add some the hairline. Interesting and non permanent

Trend MESSY, Yeah messy back combed up dos. Hair in general. The frizzy ratty mess the better. Editorials have been doing controlled mess for a while. So if you don't want to look like a hot mess, DO NOT do this while dressing down. You need to play up the contrast with great dramatic eyes, and a dress.

Trend Short Bangs,  Baby bangs, shorter pixies like Michelle Williams. Cropped and rocked out.

Trend 90's Texture, Remember the Meg Ryan? Well if you do you most likely will not participating in this one. But for the under 30's this shag is a nice option to the pixie.

Trend Waves. Yawn.... of all kinds, on long hair, on bobs (flapper style) this is a sleeker polished look for those who don't want to look like they just rolled out of bed.

Trend Retro Glamour. So anyone who is into rockabilly or pin up culture, it is now hitting more mainstream fashion. Victory rolls, finger waves, pin curls, 60's Bardot beehives.

Trend Colour, Ombre...yes still . Now this has become so popular it's literally boring me now. Dip dye, high contrast, crazy colour, sunkist. It can be customised to any length or age. But to be frank if you want to look on trend this is THE look.








Trend Colour, Block Panels. Again, this is a easy update. we first saw this in the ear;y 2000's making a comeback so soon? Yes.  This is best if it's done with a high contrast colour or pastel synthetic colour. Clip in or tape in some hair extensions if you want a no commitment.

Trend Colour, Airbrush. I know this sounds crazy. But for the bold you can stencil colour onto the surface of your hair. Brocades, lace, paisley, zebra, cheetah, polka dots. Hey why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment