Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Beauty hits and Misses Part 2, Hair Care

Ok so to round out the end of year regrets and triumphs, here is part two of  MY beauty hits and misses, hair care edition.



Hits

1. Frizz Ease 3 day straight. It's a spray keratin that helps lock in you flat iron form humidity and re curling. It works and was great in the summer.

2. Kevin Murphy, Hair Resort. beach wave and texture, smells amazing!

3. Loreal Everpure shampoo. I like the tube, it's rather thick, but decently priced for sulfate free shampoo.

4. Batiste dry shampoo. cheap and it works

5. Fructis, Instant Mask Repair, nice thick conditioner, made my very damaged hair feel soft. Smells lovely. good for dry thick hair.

6. Rusk 2.5" curling iron, any curl iron is great really I like the Rusk products. they are pro quality and you can usually find them anywhere.

7.  Loreal Elnet hairspray. Amazing and cheap, industry favorite.

8. Sebastian Laminates Cellophane's. I was blond for most of the year. I used the platinum to tone my hair every 4 shampoos. Semi colour, adds shine. easy to use. it is a pro product and pretty pricey, but one could get it on amazon.com. it works much better then most colour enhancing conditioners.

MISS

1. Kevin Murphy Texture Master hairspray. It is a sticky super hold hair spray. Unless you want to look like Amy Winehouse or Robert Smith, it is not workable to the average Jane. nozzle gets clogged every time I use it.

2. Kevin Murphy Colour Bug, temporary fun colour powder. I'm waiting for more shades. They only have three and I liked it for a day then I never used it again.

3. Loreal, Sublime Mousse hair colour. This stuff was weird. I liked it in someways, east to use, no mess, no bad smell, but the results were just so so. I used black and it turned out 3 shades lighter. So coverage was not great.

4. mini crimper. I used it twice, it is now for photo shoots only.

5. loads of Big Bow clips and hair bands fascinators  I don't know why I would think I'm allowed to wear something Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, or your average 16 year old would wear. I am having a hard tie reconciling that I'm 38.

6. FHI heat iron. I have bought many of these irons since the company launched. The quality in my opinion has gone down. I had my last two for less then 6 months before everything was falling apart and the thermostat failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment